Summer camp is back in 2021! With enhanced safety measures in place, we are looking forward to a summer full of new adventures.
Registration now open! Staff applications are now open!
Summer camp will look different this year than it ever has before. We expect that Covid-19 will still be a factor in our area, and all campers and staff will work together to create a safe and holy environment. We can’t wait to welcome back summer campers for all the fun, friendship, and wonder that we experience at camp, even as we learn new ways to be together in community.
This summer, you can expect:
- Reduced session capacity. Each camp session will be limited to 42 campers to allow for social distance in all program areas. We have added a second Middle School session to accommodate more campers.
- Flexible refund policy. All deposits will be fully refundable up to one month from the start of your session. Within one month of a session, $100 deposits will be held with exceptions made for COVID symptoms or exposure. If your camper exhibits symptoms of illness, or is exposed to someone with COVID-19 within two weeks of their session start, your deposit will be refunded.
- Getting to know your neighbors. For this year, we will trade out our traditions of large-group gatherings for a model based around “family groups:” 6-10 people who share living quarters and dining tables, and cohorts that combine two family groups for daytime activities. We’ll find creative ways to use our outside space in order to see other friends from a greater distance.
- Additional safety measures and communication. The Claggett team is continuing to develop our health and safety plans for this summer, as we stay in conversation with our local health department, colleagues in Episcopal Camps and Conference Centers nationwide and the American Camp Association. We will update our general information, and registered families, regularly with more details about what to expect at camp this summer.
The Claggett Center offers week-long, residential, camp programs for youth from completed 2nd grade to recently-graduated high school seniors. Whether climbing high on the ropes course, or diving deep at the pool, there's something for everyone here at Claggett. From adventures on the Monocacy River and Sugarloaf Mountain, to swimming, games, campfires and classic skits, campers are sure to create new friendships and renew old ones year after year.
Summer Camps at Claggett are Christian formation ministries of the Episcopal Diocese of Maryland. Camp is grounded in Scripture and tradition, and encourages campers and staff to use their whole selves as ways to explore the Christian Story. Each week a chaplain participates in all camp activities, and supports the ministry of camp through prayer, participation and spiritual direction.
Thank you for your support of our Summer Camp programs! We welcome your support of our campers in need by making a donation to the camp scholarship fund.
2021 Camp Sessions:
- Senior High Camp: June 20-25 [Grades completed: 9-12]
- Middle School Session 1: June 27-July 2 [Grades completed: 6-8]
- Middle School Session 2: July 5-10 [Grades completed: 6-8]
- Youth Camp: July 11-16 [Grades completed: 2-5]
- Adventure Camp: July 25-30 [Grades completed 4-8, special focus on outdoor skills and activities]
- Family Camp: July 25-30 [For families of all shapes, sizes, and ages!]
- Camp Spirit Song: August 1-6 [For youth grades 4-8 impacted by a family member’s opioid substance abuse]
Summer Camp Rates:
NEW in 2021: Claggett Camps are adopting a “Tiered Pricing” system! Tiered pricing allows families to choose a contribution according to their ability. Each pricing tier entitles the camper to a full Claggett experience and there is no differentiation made in the program based on pricing tier. We are excited to introduce the tiered pricing model as a tool to extend our reach, create a diverse, Christ-centered community, and grow Claggett’s camp ministries for many years into the future.
Tiered pricing helps to make a quality camp experience possible for children from all economic backgrounds, by allowing families to pay what they are able and inviting those who can give more to support the bigger picture of camp operations to do so. It allows us to stretch scholarship funding further, bringing more young people the opportunity to have a life-changing week at Claggett.
Pricing for 2021 Youth Camps is as follows:
- This is the historical subsidized rate of summer camp, made possible by Claggett’s operating fund and contributions from individual and group donors who believe in the mission of summer camp. This rate covers lodging, meals, and a portion of program costs.
- The direct cost rate more closely represents the cost of operating camp for the week of a camper’s experience, including lodging, meals, staffing, and materials.
- The true cost rate more closely represents the total financial cost of operating camp, including all listed under direct costs as well as maintenance, insurance, utilities, and more.
Discounts and Scholarships:
Pricing for 2021 Family Camp is as follows:
- Our mission is that no child would be unable to participate in Claggett camps due to financial need. Scholarships are available for all camps using a simple scholarship request form.
- Discounts available for multiple children from the same family. These are automatically applied in online registration.
- Episcopal Clergy and Diocesan Staff Members are eligible for discounted camp registration. Contact the Claggett office to learn more!
- Powell Hall: Stay together in summer camp central! Each family will have exclusive use of a dormitory and bathroom.
- First two campers (of any age): $900
- Each additional camper: $125
- Christiane Inn: Limited double rooms are available in the Christiane Inn. Includes private ensuite bathroom and linen service.
- First two campers (of any age): $1250
- Each additional camper: $125
No Programs Currently Available