FULL-TIME | PART-TIME | VOLUNTEER | SEASONAL
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1952, the Claggett Center has been a vital, life giving center for mission and ministry in the Episcopal Diocese of Maryland and beyond. Today, Claggett continues to be a place set apart, providing space for spiritual renewal, growth, and learning through ministries of hospitality and programming. These continued experiences are a result of our staff staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for the demonstration of these Values:
- Sacred Space: Claggett is a “spiritual oasis” where guests escape from the distractions of daily life, where they are spiritually nourished and refreshed in God’s presence.
- Open to All: Claggett offers an environment where all of God’s children feel welcome and honored. Claggett strives to remain physically and financially accessible to all.
- Stewardship of God’s Creation: Claggett is a responsible steward of all of God’s gifts in order to benefit this generation and the next.
- Safety – Emotional, Physical and Spiritual: Claggett is a place of physical, emotional and spiritual safety, where guests and staff feel secure and challenged to “explore new territory.”
- Faithful to the Gospel of Christ: Claggett provides Christian hospitality to all guests and is a center for lifelong Christian formation that encourages Christian discipleship by providing programs and opportunities for leadership development for all ages.
What will it be like to work at Claggett?
The Claggett Center is an organization with guest accommodations ranging from hotel style rooms, cottages, historic farmhouses and a four story school house, all set on 200 acres of farmland along the Monocacy River. Claggett has been serving guests, campers, and groups for over 70 years providing a setting and experience that is truly authentic. Our vision, to be a vital (life giving) center for mission and ministry in the Diocese of Maryland and beyond, unites us as a team to create exceptional hospitality experiences through the combination of our beautiful setting and Christian hospitality. Our amazing staff are at the heart of it all.
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Guest Focused
- Quality Work
Full Time Positions
The Housekeeping Manager reports to the Director of Guest Experience. This is a full-time salary (exempt) position. The Housekeeping Manager shall further the mission of the Claggett Center through the leadership and execution of cleaning, conditioning, and preparing the property for guest use. Starting Salary: $42,000. For more information, download the full job description: Housekeeping Manager
To Apply: Send a statement of interest and completed job application to email@example.com.
We accept applications on a rolling basis for the following part-time positions:
The Housekeeper is part of a team, led by the Housekeeping Director, that takes primary responsibility to ensure that all of the guest spaces are kept clean. Housekeepers perform a variety of housekeeping services to maintain clean guest rooms according to established standards.
Hours: Hours are variable, depending fully on guest schedules. The work will be a combination of midweek and weekend shifts. Shifts are typically 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM or 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM but vary some from week to week.
Compensation: Starting at $14hr - Hourly Rate is commensurate with experience, particularly commercial cleaning, janitorial, or housekeeping job experience.
- Hold high standards in cleanliness of various spaces.
- Work either in a team or independently.
- Bend, lift, reach, push, carry and sustain repetitive motions.
- Stand, walk, climb steps and work on their feet for extended periods of time.
- Work efficiently, moving from one task to the next with minimal wasted effort.
- Work with cleaning chemicals.
- Exhibit a friendly and hospitable attitude to all guests and staff, even when tired.
- Follow instructions and yet be able to assess the situation and discern what is needed.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Needs reliable transportation.
- Comfortable working in a faith-based community.
- Approach work with a flexible attitude. Have an ability to switch tasks with changing demands without experiencing undue stress or frustration.
- Must be self-motivated and punctual.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by supervisor.
- Have the ability to understand and speak English at a level which allows the safe, efficient performance of the job.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The candidate must be proficient in all around cooking skills, including, but not limited to: saute, frying, baking, roasting, braising, competent and safe knife skills, cleanliness, following recipes, creativity. The Cook is primarily responsible for food preparation and execution of meals served in the dining facility in accordance with standards set by the Chef. In addition, the Cook will assume a leadership role by directing other staff members in the absence of the Chef. They will ensure that sufficient quantities of quality menu items are prepared in a timely manner in accordance with the meal schedule. Some food service experience is preferred. We are willing to train someone with a positive attitude and good work ethic. If interested in applying for the position, please send resume to Chef Thomas.
Food Service Attendant
Assists in the preparation of foods by chopping, washing, cutting, assembling, and mixing food stuffs for cook; oversees line to make ceratin all items are replenished appropriately; washes and sanitizes dishes and utensils; cleans the dining area and replenishes napkins, utensils, and other necessities. Contact Chef Thomas for more information.
Welcome Center Greeter
The Claggett Center is looking for individuals who are interested in meeting people, making new friends, sharing the hospitality of the Claggett Center, and enriching their life through volunteer experiences.
- Welcome visitors to the Claggett Center.
- Greet every individual with a smile and provide excellent customer service.
- Enhance customer relations by greeting and acknowledging guests.
- Be knowledgeable about the activities, programs, and services offered at the Claggett Center.
- Answer general questions.
- Assist with answering phones.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, a positive personality, and friendly demeanor.
- Must be able to approach and welcome all visitors and guests.
- Exceptional customer service experience is preferred.
- Shifts are available Monday-Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Shifts are approximately 2-4 hours long depending on availability.
If interested in becoming part of our team, please contact Suzi Warfield at 301-874-5147.
Applications for 2022 Summer Camp staff, including assistant camp director, senior counselors, junior counselors, camp nurses, chaplains, and adult volunteers will be available in January! Click here for more information.
Summer Lifeguard positions available seasonally.